Korean Kimchi Pancake! Annyeong Haseyo~:D
Hey all! This is new recipe time again, and today we’ll be doing Korean Kimchi pancakes! WOOHOOO!!!
Right so for all those Korean die-hard fans out there who adore their Kimchis as well girl-groups (for me:P) and male-groups, here’s the ultimate Korean food you MUST try!!!
Behold! The “RECIPE”!!!!!:
- 1 cup kimchi, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup reserved juice from kimchi
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Korean chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1. Stir together the kimchi, kimchi juice, flour, eggs, and green onion in a bowl.
2. Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Using
about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, pour into skillet, spreading as thin
as possible. Cook pancakes until set and lightly browned, turning once, 3 to 5
minutes per side. Season to taste with salt.
3. Whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili
pepper flakes, and toasted sesame seeds. Serve with the pancakes.
**Some tips to make it better: Do not incorporate the egg into the batter. Instead, crack and beat an egg all at once.
Once you have the pancake spread out in the oil, gently pour the egg on top.
Also, two teaspoons of cornstarch really crispens up the pancake.
Be sure not to lay on the batter too thick — make it super thin to start with, as it
will puff up a bit, even without the addition of baking powder. DELICIOUS!
Try this out, and tell me you results:D
Cheers to Korean girl-groups from the hot-blooded 2 Guys 1 Cook!!!!
Peace, Chef Glen