Turkey one of the leanest form of protein you could get from poultry besides lean chicken breast, take note the key word is LEAN. A common staple amongst the American diet, actually who am I kidding, it’s only during their thanksgiving festival do you see turkeys coming out of oven now let me “gobble gobble” my way to show you how to make it!
2 packs of Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey (40 OZ)
1200/260/0/0/15/15 2 large eggs (White only)
8g protein 6 portobello mushrooms
6g carbs Dill Weed
Seasoned Italian Herbs
2 slices of Monterey Jack cheese
160/12/0/0/12/8 Black Pepper
A pinch of sea salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 320f.
2. Peel and dice the Portobello mushrooms and add into a large mixing bowl
3. Add the ground turkey into the bowl along with a tablespoon each of Dill Weed and Italian Herbs. Add a 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and a pinch of sea salt.
4. Crack the eggs and separate the whites from the yolk. Add the whites into the bowl.
5. Mix everything with your hands, ensuring that there is even distribution of all ingredients throughout the mixture.
6. Once mixed, tear small pieces of the Monterey Jack cheese and add it in evenly to the mix.
7. Having sprayed a baking tray with non-stick spray (can use coconut oil), and roll mixture into 12 golf-sized balls and place on tray.
8. Place in oven and leave for approximately 18-22 minutes until slightly browned.